Translate

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Edge of the Homework Lands

  The end of the year is almost upon us. We are leaving the Homework Lands and quickly approaching Summer Territories where June, July, and August await. The question is if we are all ready to shuffle away from the train tracks that have brought us so far.
  There are a few feelings you may have about the up-coming summer.
What would you write to the engineer of this train we're all on?

1.  Dear engineer person,
I hope everything is going well. I was just writing to you to ask if you could speed up this trip a bit. I'm getting pretty bored. 
I know we're supposed to arrive in the Summer Territories in June, but could we try for maybe...May 2nd? 
Thank you for your consideration,
Sincerely,
Bob Boberson

2. I AM DONE.
I want off this train right now. I'll walk the rest of the way if I have to. I'll probably get there sooner than all of you at the speed this train is going at. I won't take another day of this so just stop the train as soon as you get this.
Bob Boberson

3.  Dear engineer guy,
I know we are supposed to arrive in the Summer Territories in June, but I was wondering if you could slow down a bit. I still have a few goals to reach and the speed we're going at makes me nervous. So if you'd be so kind as to change the day of our arrival to about...July 27th? I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to all the friends I've made on this ride.
Thanks,
Bob Boberson

Or maybe you're in the middle. Part of you wants the school year to be over and another part of you doesn't want to say goodbye.

What would you write to the engineer of the our train? What's the name of the train? What are you going to miss or what are you looking forward to?
Let me know in the comments below,

Thanks so much for reading,
~Vivien

No comments:

Post a Comment